Sunday, May 16, 2010

Starting a new blog!

Dear friends and family,
I have been inspired by many people in my life to begin this new blog. In it I will be sharing quotes and wisdom teachings coming through from the Grandmother and other wisdom sources: from song lyrics, books, ceremony participants, and some of
my own reflections. Eventually I hope to create a book of these collected teachings (the previously unpublished ones, that is), called Lessons from the Vine. I will keep you posted!

Song quote for the day:
"She leaves me smooth, smooth as a pebble, polished in the depths of love..."
~ Shimshai

Ceremony quote for the day:
"I've come to understand that fear is something my head does to itself."
~ 2006 ceremony participant in NM

Book Quote of the day:
What you feel in your heart determines what you see: perception rides upon the expression of the heart like a canoe rides upon the waters."
~ Return of the Bird Tribes, by Ken Carey

Thought for the day: What is sacred to me? What do I hold dear? What do I care about so strongly that I can't bear to see it compromised or destroyed? What would I take a stand for? Risk myself for?

* I feel passionate about protecting innocence. I would die to protect the innocence and purity of children and their right to have a childhood free from abuse of all kinds.

* I feel passionate about the opportunity to evolve, to be better, and to create a better way of life on this planet. I hold sacred the potential that each one of us has; that we each contain within our heart the seed of the sacred, the spark of the divine; and that we each deserve the opportunity to watch that seed sprout and grow (if we so choose).

* I hold sacred the right for all people to be "self-determining." This includes the right to pray with our sacred medicines.


That's all for today!
Enjoy, and let me know your thoughts by commenting.
Many continued blessings, Harmony Sue

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for starting this blog. I am fresh out of ceremony and spent much time with my grandmother, missing her, wanting to share with her what I have learned about death and dying through medicine. Not quite sure how. Maybe the 13 grandmothers dvd would be a good way to connect with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You might want to know about this festival if you don't already! http://www.tribesofcreation.com/singing_alive.html

    ReplyDelete